This weekend just gone, I was lucky enough to attend Lost Village up in Lincolnshire on behalf of Invicta Magazine. You can read my full professional review here (and what I thought about the music etc) but here's a quick glance of what I personally got up to over the weekend.
As well as listening and dancing to cool music, having AMAZING street food courtesy of The Cheese Truck and Spit and Roast, who served the best buttermilk fried chicken burgers I have ever tasted in my whole entire life, my time spent at Lost Village involved of:
- Becoming one at nature and participating in meditation on the forest floor with a lady who was meant to look scary but still managed to look ever so beautiful
- Stumbling across the characters of Lost Village telling a story through the medium of dance and disco balls late at night, as other festival-goers raved at the abandoned chapel only a couple of minutes
- Getting buried alive (or at least lying in a grave and having dirt poured over me before I screamed and ran away) when I sold my soul to the devil - by accident, may I hasten to add.
- Getting 'married' to my friends in a special friendship ceremony which may sound corny but was actually a rather fitting way to end the weekend, being 'bound' with my new friends I'd made during the crazy experience of the festival
- Being officially welcomed into the Lost Village tribe by a special lake initiation ceremony
But why don't I just show you?!
I could go into more detail, but I won't. The whole point of Lost Village is to discover everything on your own terms, and lost I did get...
In short, it was pretty damn amazing and I'd undoubtedly recommend it to everyone. It was just the right size too, so there was no trouble, no massive lines (except for the Illamasqua tent *cry) and somewhat clean portaloos.
I hope you'll all join me for next years tribe!
You can also find me on