Just like last year, I've decided to do a simple post to sum up my 2013 - a bunch of my favourite photos, and a quiz - the same as last year - which will be nice to see just how much has changed and how my answers differ :)
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
I went on my first proper road trip, I visited lots of new places, I got drunk with/shared beer with/spent a whole evening with my idol, I interviewed a band, I 'covered' a music festival, I tried rock and roll bingo, haha! I also went to my first proper music festival, Warped Tour, which is something I've always wanted to attend. A fair few things when I look back at it all.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did say yes to more things and had a lovely year. I wouldn't stay I stayed particularly healthy but I did get into running and join the gym for a bit so that's something. My new years resolutions for this year are the same as always - be healthy, have fun, say yes more. I'd also like to advance in my career this year and hopefully go into music journalism.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
Edinburgh (which was my favourite!), Leeds, Liverpool, Wolverhampton..
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2013?
A rockstar boyfriend please! Other than that, not much. Perhaps a job more related to my degree and my own car.
- yeah, pretty much the same as last year haha!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
The week in November I spent touring the country to see my favourite band - I'll never forget it. More specifically, 17th November, which was the evening I ending up attending the Vans Warped Tour after party and spending the evening drinking and chilling out with my idol.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
I got a few opportunities relating to music journalism, so I'd say either covering AmpRocks or interviewing Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't really have any. I'd probably say not saving any money, I got a tax rebate this year and planned to save at least half of that which didn't happen. But it went towards necessities like driving lessons, tour (not really a necessity but you get the picture), new shoes for work etc.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered from the flu when I returned from tour but that's it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gig tickets (again)
12. Who's behaviour merited celebration?
Probably Tom! He's been the designated driver for so many gigs this year and single handedly drove us over 1,000 miles altogether for the road trip!
13. Who's behavour made you appaled and depressed?
No one's really ha.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Definitely on tour. Though we did most of it on a budget, it did cost a bit but was worth every penny.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Tour! I made playlists with album covers and everything..
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
The Maine - Fucked Up Kids
which is all about being young, enjoying your life and living fast, choosing the fun option over the sensible one etc.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you :
a. happier or sadder? Happier!
b. thinner or fatter? Thinner, somehow despite eating nothing but junk food I managed to lose a bit of weight on tour!
c. richer or poorer? about the same...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, but I also celebrated Christmas a little early with my friends with a Christmas meal out which was nice.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
No, although I did find myself developing an even bigger crush on John Ohh after meeting him in person, simply because he is the nicest and most humble gentlemen you'll ever meet. I've always thought he was lovely, but after actually spending time with him he's only become more cool in my eyes.
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Breaking Bad or Supernatural.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?
No, I don't really do hate to be honest.
24. What was the best book you read?
I've read a lot this year, maybe I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk?
25. What music did you get excited about?
The Maine, obviously, but also Fort Hope because they're a local band who are doing really well for themselves and are beyond friendly.
26. What did you want and get?
I got everything I wanted for Christmas...probably again just the chance to spend some one-on-one time with my idol/my favourite band. I still find it hard to believe, but it was really surreal to just spend a good few hours not necessarily picking his brains but just having a genuine conversation with him about all sorts of things.
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing, I even got a cheese toastie maker haha!
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
I'm not sure! I haven't really seen any particularly out there films this year. Maybe the new Star Trek. I absolutely loved the Evil Dead remake mind!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24. Me and my sister went on a night out in London to a Brazilian bar with a bunch of her work colleagues and we also went ice skating. With my friends, we had our Christmas meal followed by a night out which I chose to have as my birthday night out too, ha.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Maybe passing my driving test and getting a job more related to my degree.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Band merch. Lots of band merch.
32. What kept you sane?
Music. Even when feeling completely lost, music helped me through it.
- again, exactly the same answer as last year!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dougie Poynter maybe?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really have an interest in politics.
35. Whom did you miss?
I haven't seen much of my brother this year, I miss him. Still.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Tom, Harry, Lucy, Tendayi, Jordan, Harriet..
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
'If it's meant to be, it will be'.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
'Don't stop listening to rock & roll'
'I am raw and invincible'
You can also find me on...